NextEquity Partners Fulltime Analyst
NextEquity Partners, a new private investment fund that makes growth equity and other venture capital investments in technology and digital media businesses, is hiring a full-time analyst from the class of 2017 (to start in summer 2017).
NextEquity, based in Menlo Park, CA, is led by senior executives from Apple and Elevation Partners who have been investing together over the past six years in leading companies such as Facebook, Yelp, MarketShare, Sonos, and Airbnb. Fund investments to date include TheRealReal, Snaplogic, and Le Tote.
This is a unique opportunity for a college grad to enter the growth equity / venture capital industry and join a new firm led by experienced executives and investors. The small team allows for more responsibility and senior exposure at the analyst level while the new nature of the firm provides significant long-term upside for a top performer. Our goal is to find an analyst who wants to stay in venture capital beyond the two years of the program and can potentially grow into a senior role at the firm over the long term.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
- a copy of your resume (include your GPA)
- a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity and believe you are a good fit.
Analyst responsibilities will include:
(1) Researching the competitive landscape and market dynamics of various industries and companies
(2) Meeting with company executives to learn about their businesses
(3) Building financial models and analyzing company metrics
(4) Putting together investment materials and presenting materials to the firm
(5) Tracking the performance of portfolio companies
Requirements for the analyst position are:
(1) Strong academic performance at a top tier university
(2) Financial and accounting knowledge (either through school or internship experience)
(3) Passion for the technology industry; someone who is constantly reading about technology
(4) Intellectual curiosity
(5) Ability to analyze and think critically about businesses and industry dynamics
(6) Strong work ethic
(7) Team player
(8) High integrity
(9) Ability to work in the US without Visa sponsorship
The firm will train the analyst on many of the skills needed for the job. The analyst will be expected to work hard, with long hours in periods of active deal flow. That being said, the firm also values work-life balance and will provide reasonable vacation time as well as some flexibility, including working from home on most Fridays. Compensation will be competitive.
· Focuses on growth equity investments in innovative technology and digital media businesses capitalizing on technology disruption that are positioned for rapid growth and market leadership. Also makes strategic investments in earlier stage companies.
· Led by Fred Anderson (former Chief Financial Officer of Apple and a Co-Founder of Elevation Partners), Avie Tevanian (former Chief Software Technology Officer at Apple and a Managing Director of Elevation Partners), Adam Hopkins (a Managing Director and founding principal of Elevation Partners with prior private equity experience at Silver Lake Partners), and Rami Reyes (a Principal at Elevation Partners).
· Leverages Fred and Avie’s Apple experience and technology industry relationships to access investment opportunities, conduct due diligence, and assist portfolio company management teams in scaling their businesses. As two of the four key direct reports to CEO Steve Jobs, Fred and Avie played critical financial, operating and technology roles in Apple’s dramatic turnaround and enormous disruption of multiple media, entertainment and technology markets. Through Apple and their board service at companies such as eBay, Yelp and Dolby, Fred and Avie also have a deep operator network in Silicon Valley.
· Continues the investment strategy executed by the principals at Elevation Partners L.P. (a $1.9 billion investment partnership whose performance compares very favorably against other 2005 vintage private equity and venture capital funds as well as public stock market indices) and Elevation Investors II LLC (a multi-stage private investment vehicle through which the principals invested from 2012-2015 whose performance has been very strong to date).