About First Round
First Round is a venture capital firm laser-focused on helping seed stage companies become the next big thing. Starting on day one, we work closely with founders and their teams to provide the tools, resources and community that tiny startups need to win long-term.
We develop software in-house and create scalable tools that super-change our team and directly serve the needs of our 250+ companies, including Uber, Warby Parker, and Blue Apron. Our core product, First Round Network, is a private online online community that delivers insights and data, and enables collaboration between our companies. We're constantly experimenting with inventive ways to help our companies access the knowledge and connections they need. We operate more like a company than a firm, taking cues from startups on how to constantly grow First Round Network and its impact.
The Community Management Internship
As a Community Management Intern, you'll join First Round's Product and Engineering team for the summer. This is an ideal opportunity for a student hoping to join a startup full-time after graduating.
You'll help us grow our online community of thousands of proven technology leaders. You'll learn best practices around community management, customer development, and product management. You'll be empowered to come up with new and novel ways to wire up our community. Here are just a few things you could expect to work on...
- Building an evangelist program to engage top users.
- Scaling our online Live Q&A program, where experts share candid experiences about building their companies.
- Managing communications for new feature and content launches.
- Speaking with community members and converting their product feedback into new initiatives.
This is a paid internship; however, housing is not provided. The internship is based in San Francisco.
What We're Looking For
- A currently enrolled college student who can work full-time in Summer 2016 (required)
- A rising Junior or Senior (required)
- Someone with a proven interest in technology (required)
- Someone with previous startup experience (ideal)
- Someone with previous community management experience (ideal)
How to Apply
Please complete this form to apply.