Background on the Firm
Goodwater Capital is a next generation venture capital firm. Founded by Chi-Hua Chien and Eric Kim, previously general partners at Kleiner Perkins and Maverick Capital, Goodwater focuses exclusively on consumer tech investments. Our partners have invested in and worked alongside many of the leading consumer Internet companies in the world, including Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, and Kakao.
We are looking for a talented and self-motivated undergraduate student intern to work at Goodwater part-time throughout the spring, with the possibility of continuing into the summer. You will work closely alongside our 3 investment professionals to help track and qualify potential investment opportunities, as well as help with our primary research efforts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Tag, classify, and track consumer mobile apps and web products
- Ensure data coverage and quality for a database of tech startups
- Help run online surveys and obtain qualitative feedback on consumer tech products from fellow college students
- Compile research and deep dive on markets such as VR/AR, education, and consumer finance
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week
Pay: $20 per hour + reimbursement for travel to/from Goodwater’s office in Los Altos
- Must be currently enrolled at a 4-year university
- Must be able to provide your own transportation at least 1 day per week to Goodwater’s office in downtown Los Altos
- High intellectual horsepower, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for consumer tech startups
Interested in the role? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with responses to the following questions:
- How many hours per week can you commit to the internship, and what times/days would you be able to work out of Goodwater HQ?
- What are the 3 most interesting early stage consumer tech startups you have heard about recently, and what in particular makes them interesting to you?