Would you like to spend your summer working for a Silicon Valley start-up that is really making a positive difference in the world? At Kurbo you will be promoting intelligent mobile apps and web-based tools that help millions of overweight and obese children and teenagers to eat healthier and get their weight under control. We're seeking a summer intern who possesses not just a love for the mobile space, but also the skill set necessary to create and manage successful promotional campaigns that will get more people engaged with our app. If you are an independent, self-starter, thorough, and a quick learner, we invite you to join our small team based in downtown Palo Alto.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating content for company blog and social media
- Engaging with influencers and thought leaders via social media
- Managing B2B2C Engagement Programs
- Collateral production for tradeshows and other events
- B2B partner collateral needs (keynote presentations, etc.)
- Oversee production of graphics for blog, social media, contests, conferences, tradeshows, etc.
- Reputation management
- Social media marketing, monitoring and execution
- Assist with language localization of content as needed
Start date in mid-May or early June preferred. Duration 8-12 weeks depending on school calendar. Compensation $15-$20/hour depending on experience
- Recent graduate or pursuing degree from top 4-year school
- Should be passionate about mobile apps & making a positive impact on the world
- Previous marketing experience, preferably at a startup preferred
- Highly organized and great at multi-tasking
- Relatively tech-savvy
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint/Keynote, Google Docs. Facility with PhotoShop a huge plus.
- Reading and writing proficiency in Asian or European languages a big plus
Amenities include free parking, location in downtown Palo Alto close to Caltrain.
Contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.