At Green Ivy Educational Consulting (www.greenivyed.com), we are looking for people who are incredibly intelligent, enthusiastic, and positive. We are a small office, but our work has been featured in the NYTimes, Chicago Tribune, ABC News, Huffington Post, NPR, and others. We work with junior high, high school, and college students to help them develop time-management, study and organizational skills as well as helping them with individual subject work.
We do more than just all-around tutoring – we change lives. Our students have improved their GPAs from a 2.5 to a 3.6, have increased over 400 points on the SATs, and set audacious goals for themselves (like playing Division 1 basketball after being on the junior varsity team as a sophomore) and achieved them!
Sound intriguing? We are looking for several dynamic, personable individual to join our group part-time or full-time (15-35 hours per week) in August 2016 (start date: ) as an educational consultant/tutor in Los Altos, CA (near Palo Alto, CA and Stanford University). We are looking for people who can work Su-Th from 3 or . Our pay is incredibly competitive hourly, and works out to up to 65K per year.
We are looking for people who are strong in the math and sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Calculus, Algebra II, Geometry), as well as those who feel comfortable with writing, history and social sciences. We also do standardized test preparation. Significant training and on-going support provided. We meet students in our friendly, warm office and our office is fully stocked with all the materials to support student success.
- Meet with students on a weekly/twice weekly basis
- Help students develop study skills and time-management skills
- Offer academic support (math, writing, test preparation) as needed
- Offer sincere positive reinforcement and encouragement while expecting results
- Help students with homework, making sure students understand concepts and how to master material
Necessary Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
* Bachelors degree or higher demonstrating strong academic performance - Masters Degree a plus
* Outstanding communication and problem solving skills
* Personable, warm and approachable personality
* Active, athletic, sense of humor
* Team player with strong management and leadership skills
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Passion for helping others
* Incredibly reliable, responsible and able to make a steady commitment
* Previous experience tutoring, coaching, and/or working with young people
* Highly competitive wage - up to 65K.
* Health stipend and other incentives for those working over 30 hours a week.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter stating why this job interests you, highlighting any relevant experience, and your particular subject expertise to Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no extra attachments as they will not be opened.