From Yifan Huang, Class of 2016 (BA Economics), Kurt Salmon Private Equity & Strategy practice:
Kurt Salmon is a global management consulting firm that has been a trusted advisor to the world’s leading retailers and consumer products companies for 80 years.Our practice offers an incredible career opportunity so I encourage you to stop by the Stanford Career Fair in White Plaza on October 4th to learn more about us.
Kurt Salmon is a unique place to work and has been a fantastic first step in my career. The work is…
· Engaging and challenging – Even as a first year consultant, your opinion matters and you are never just an analyst. As a smaller group within a larger firm, there are early opportunities both on and off projects, whether it’s presenting to CEOs or writing thought leadership with senior partners.
· Fast-paced and diverse – Projects are typically 3-6 weeks and span all aspects of retail and consumer goods. In their first two years, people have been on over 18 projects ranging from licensed sportswear to organic candy to multi-billion dollar specialty retailers.
· Mostly local – Unlike other consulting firms, we do most of our client work from our San Francisco office. Limited travel is great for work/life balance and has allowed me to take full advantage of San Francisco and all it has to offer.
· A great foundation – Experience at Kurt Salmon offers a great foundation for future paths such as top business schools or careers in private equity, strategy consulting, or industry roles.
I’ve attached the full job description and listed some of our key recruiting dates below. I encourage you to read through and decide if the position would be a good fit for you. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Stanford Career Fair: October 4th in White Plaza
· Informational Open House and Lunch: October 6th at 12:00PM in the Cypress Lounge at Tresidder
· Resume Submissions Due: October 9th at 11:59 PM via Handshake
· First Round Interviews: October 19th and 20th at BEAM, Stanford Career Center
· Second Round Interviews: October 25th, 26th, and 27th at BEAM, Stanford Career Center
· Final Round Interviews: November 3rd, 4th and 7th in Kurt Salmon’s San Francisco Office