BlackRock is on campus for coffee chats this Friday, Oct. 13. If you're interested, please see more information below.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms with $5.7 trillion under management, and provider of global investment management, risk management, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets.
The BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) is charged with establishing BlackRock as the preeminent provider of alternative investments globally. BAI has approximately $150 billion in alternative assets under management including single strategy hedge funds, private equity solutions, hedge fund solutions, real estate debt and equity, infrastructure debt and equity, opportunistic credit and other hybrid strategies.
Position: BlackRock Alternative Investors, Alternative Solutions Investment Analyst
Location(s): New York, NY
Alternative Solutions builds and manages custom multi-alternative portfolios for clients with a focus on relative value across liquid and illiquid investments, and underlying risk factors. The team invests in both direct private investments and funds across the BlackRock Alternative platform.
The responsibilities of an investment analyst in BlackRock Alternative Solutions include:
- Develop a robust understanding of a broad range of alternative asset classes in the context of portfolio management / construction
- Design and model multi-alternative portfolios using portfolio risk tools in response to client inquiries and partner with institutional clients to build a portfolio that best achieves their investment objectives, while giving due considerations to the client’s constraints
- Work on investment research, transaction level structuring and due diligence on opportunistic transactions
- Regularly interact with counterparts across other BlackRock investment teams and in other divisions within the firm to leverage the broader knowledge base
- Contribute to one-off projects to develop a deeper understanding of longer-term investment themes, (e.g., asset-class specific research, strategic analyses, etc.)
If you'd be interested in attending a coffee chat this Friday, 10/13, email email@example.com with (1) your resume and (2) your availability.