Handshake Product Management Intern
First Destination Product Intern - Handshake
Please contact Jonathan Lu (email@example.com) with your resume if interested.
What We're Looking for:
Handshake is looking for an intern to help drive our outcomes product, the First Destination Survey (FDS). Our FDS tool is the primary way through which we gather student outcomes, i.e. what graduating college students are doing post-graduation. We currently have over 90 schools using Handshake's FDS product, including Princeton, Carnegie Mellon and the University of Michigan.
The First Destination Product Intern will help our product team drive response rates for our partner schools. You will be responsible for driving our growth and channel experiments, diving into the data to continually optimize our response rate strategy. It is an exciting opportunity to work on product, growth and product marketing all in one internship!
What will the First Destination Product Intern do at Handshake?
- Accelerate FDS response rates by executing our email experiments to drive survey completion rates.
- Work with our data team to measure funnel performance of each experiment and iterate as necessary.
- Build a scalable process for our account management team to drive survey completion best practices amongst our career center partners.
- Recommend product solutions to drive improvements in our survey experience and reporting capabilities.
What we look for:
- Creative problem solver: can generate lots of ideas for growth experiments to drive up survey response rates.
- Passion for tracking and moving metrics: comfort with data and ability to take a rigorous, empirical approach to your work.
- Relentless curiosity: drive to understand what is going on beyond the surface, to drill down and figure out what is causing different results.
- Ability to execute and move fast: ability to work with the engineering, product and data teams to get things done rapidly.
- Can prioritize effectively: with many ideas and limited resources, you can quickly prioritize what to work on and how to allocate resources most efficiently.
- Strong intuition and empathy for students / student psychology: understand what motivates students to do things and how to engage them.
Our mission is to democratize opportunity - to make it easy for any student to build a great career, no matter where they go to school, what they're majoring in, or who they know.
Backed by $34m from Spark Capital, Kleiner Perkins, True Ventures and Lightspeed Partners, Handshake has partnered with 170 universities (schools of all sizes and locations, including Stanford, Princeton, UVA, Michigan, Texas, Spelman and Harvey Mudd), and has more than 3 million student profiles and 100,000 companies recruiting on our platform, including 95% of the Fortune 500. Our extensive data on students' interests and historical career outcomes gives Handshake the unique ability to help students imagine, plan and jumpstart their future careers.
Come join our team at our beautiful offices in the heart of the Mission in San Francisco!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.