First Republic Wealth Management Associate
Wealth Management Associate
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to join our Palo Alto-based team as an Associate. The Associate will work closely with the existing team to manage important elements of the client relationship. Duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Support Wealth Manager by providing service and support functions such as portfolio analysis, account creation and maintenance, money movement, and client/prospect meeting preparation
· Collaborate with fellow team members to provide exceptional service and devise customized financial strategies for existing and prospective clients
· Interact with clients, supporting all aspects of their servicing needs related to the management of their relationship, researching client inquiries and managing follow up communication and materials
· Enter trades on behalf of the client, either alone or at the direction of another team member
· Construct client performance and asset allocation reports along with recommended portfolio changes
· Carry out investment research and participate in weekly team meetings to discuss market conditions and outlook
· Participate in client meetings to learn the business and add value as the Associate acquires client-facing skills
You should expect to hold the Associate position for 18-24 months, during which time you will be evaluated on the impact of your contributions, taking on more responsibilities as you acquire the necessary skills to eventually advance to a more senior role. Our team operates as a meritocracy and incentivizes leadership, initiative, and “out-of-the-box” thinking.
First Republic Investment Management (FRIM) is an SEC-Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) owned by First Republic Bank. Our team within FRIM traces its roots to Luminous Capital, a fast-growing independent RIA that was purchased by FRIM in December 2012. We work exclusively with high net worth clients. Typical clients include entrepreneurs, corporate executives, non-profits, and partners in venture capital, private equity, real estate, and law.
Organization of the Team
Our team consists of 17 individuals, including one nationally recognized Wealth Manager, and 16 supporting team members. The Associate will work closely with a Senior Associate and a Vice President, as well as the Wealth Manager, to support our team’s client relationships.
The ideal candidate must enjoy working with clients, have exceptional organizational skills, have an interest in the financial markets, and be capable of prioritizing multiple projects. Other characteristics of a successful Associate include attention to detail, ability to think critically and anticipate issues, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), relationship-building skills (both internal and external), and an ability to work in a demanding, unstructured environment. The associate role is designed for recent college graduates or individuals with 1-2 years of experience. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
If interested, please send your resume to Harry Guilfoyle at email@example.com