Palm Drive Capital - 2019 Paid Full-Time Summer Internship Program
Investment Analyst Intern
Location: New York, NY
About Palm Drive Capital
Palm Drive Capital is a venture capital and growth equity firm based in New York city investing in high growth technology businesses. Since our launch in 2014 we’ve espoused the notion that innovators are everywhere. We also believe that most successful founders are visionary and principled. Accordingly, we’ve invested in mission-driven entrepreneurs across five continents and leverage our international network of founders on their behalf to unlock growth. Humility, integrity and growth are core principles of the fund that we strive to manifest in our partnerships with founders every day. Portfolio companies include Jet.com (Sold to Walmart for 3.3 billion), Welab, Clover Health, Catalyte, and Boom Supersonic.
Since Palm Drive is a boutique firm, analysts will have an opportunity to interact closely with the partners and participate in the entire investment process. The analyst will be responsible for supporting the Palm Drive investment team on both quantitative and qualitative projects, which include market research, portfolio company support, and deal sourcing. The analyst will perform business analysis, due diligence, and modeling to help the investment team make investment decisions. Past interns have been able to develop the confidence and ability to interact with established technology founders, analytical abilities to present a view on investment opportunities, and a strong network in technology industry. This internship could be a good starting point to explore a career in technology startups or venture capital/growth equity.
A candidate must be available for the full ten-week internship from mid-June 2019 to mid-August 2019.
We will provide you monthly stipends, free lunch, and the opportunity to earn carried interest in the fund for completed deals.
● Source meetings with entrepreneurs via outbound methods and, oftentimes, cold outreach
● Work on all stages of due diligence including market analysis, and conduct primary and
● Create detailed business models and basic financial models; and run analyses using industry
knowledge, company research
● Analyze findings and effectively communicate with our investment committee
● Help create presentations for investors, portfolio companies, and founders
● Attend and occasionally help organize technology and investment-related conferences and
● Demonstrated academic success
● Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
● Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
● Superior work ethic, and highly motivated individual with demonstrated initiative, independence
● Proficiency in financial concepts
● Computer science experience a plus
● Finance/investment experience a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills
How To Apply:
To apply, send the following to Recruiting@palmdrive.vc copying firstname.lastname@example.org
● Most recent résumé or a curriculum vitae;
● A cover letter describing your interest in the position
● A writing sample (could be a research paper, class assignment, thesis or similar)