Marketing Intern | Currant
Job description and requirements:
Are you contemplating a career in marketing? Does the chance of joining a growing team of entrepreneurs at a well-funded emerging consumer-electronics company in Silicon Valley excite you? Do you have a knack for applying analytical rigor to real-life problems? Do you want to have an impact on different aspects of a business? Are you passionate about helping people reduce their carbon footprints?
If so, Currant is looking for an intern to help develop go-to-market programs for our growing line of connected-home products. You will work directly with our VP of Marketing and other Currant team members to build the brand, fine-tune marketing and customer support messages, and create and analyze content for our website, digital advertising, and social media channels.
If this sounds like the perfect internship for you, please apply today. Reach out to Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested or have any questions!
Specific tasks and deliverables:
- Help the Currant marketing team with the development of copy and messaging across all customer touchpoints.
- Help build our company’s social media presence.
- Assist us in the validation of messaging with sample consumer groups through surveys and A/B testing.
- Communicate with customers and respond to inbound support requests via email, chat, and social media.
- Help the team define the product and marketing requirements for follow-on products, based on competitive analysis and market drivers.
- Play a supporting role in defining, building, and handling brand guidelines for use by Currant team members, our outside agencies, and partners to represent Currant’s brand consistently across market segments and geographies.
- You are pursuing a BA or BS in Marketing, Business, Engineering or related field.
- Your writing and interpersonal skills are excellent; experience writing content for company Web, e-commerce and social-media properties a huge plus.
- You are extremely comfortable with structured and unstructured data sets; you have excellent analytical skills.
- You have a start-up mentality and are willing to step into other roles as needed.
- You have some familiarity with the connected-home industry and related products.
- You want to work with a company that has a positive environmental impact.
Currant is delivering a brighter way to save energy. Deciphering utility bills is complicated and draining. Currant's products help consumers easily understand their electricity usage and reduce their energy consumption. With the company's flagship product, the Currant Energy Meter and app, you can instantly discover which devices consume the most electricity and how much they impact your energy bill. We help you turn any electronic device into a connected device, detect usage patterns and set rules to control energy consumption. Plug in and save with Currant. (www.currant.com)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Create social content
- Holiday gift guide research/outreach
- Revise customer service content
- Ship units