Meet Birdies, a stylish flat that’s secretly a slipper. We’ve created a new type of slipper by combining the support of a sneaker, the softness of a slipper and the style of a designer flat. Our unique combination of luxurious design and exclusive comfort technology makes Birdies the most versatile slipper in the world.
Our summer internship is an opportunity to make an impact and gain practical experience in a fast-paced, rapid growth D2C retail environment. As an intern, you’ll gain exposure to multiple facets of business operations including merchandising, inventory planning, product development and supply chain. You will be asked to work on individual projects as well as collaborate cross-functionally, and will present to our leadership throughout the summer.
- Support assortment planning, inventory management and logistics to drive profitability and growth goals
- Track and evaluate current products; prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis for sales and inventory and present recommendations for appropriate action steps
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional partners on product related issues
- Evaluate and recommend new and existing technologies to streamline inventory management and control processes
- Manage sample process ensuring that cross-functional sampling needs and approval timelines are met
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of key competitors’ assortments and monitor current and upcoming trends in footwear
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to problem-solve and think strategically
- Strong coordination skills, ability to multi-task and manage to a deadline
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with multiple teams, vendors, and management
- Self-starting and independent working style
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency, strong written and oral communication skills
- Interest in the D2C retail industry
Contact: Robyn White at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested!