Microsoft Business Development Fulltime (10/13)
· Strategy Development: Collaborate with partners across the company (engineering, marketing, finance, legal) in developing and translating business and product strategy into a partner strategy, and identify partnerships that can grow our business including how we can accelerate our product roadmap through inorganic.
· Transaction Execution: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize specific inorganic opportunities in support of the broader partner strategy including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), creatively structuring deal terms, and developing a negotiation strategy and leading negotiations. Communicate with all involved teams at all stages of the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Drive deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which did not meet business objectives or introduced an unacceptable risk.
· Deal Execution: Monitor deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
· External Partnerships: Maintain a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, competitors, investors, experienced leaders, etc. Influence relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution.
· Industry Expertise: Be an expert in industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends, and start-ups.
· A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business (within six months of graduation).
· One or more years of classroom or work experience in financial risk analysis preferred.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
If interested, please send your resume to Bryan Tomlinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, October 13.