College First Year & Sophomore Women: Build Your Leadership Skills, Your Résumé, and Your Network
Expand your leadership capabilities and prepare for your career future at the Forté College to Business Leadership Conference. A one-day interactive event, this conference will give college women from diverse academic backgrounds the chance to explore different functions in business, gain valuable leadership experience, and meet representatives from leading companies and business schools. The conference is free and a travel stipend is available for women traveling more than 50 miles to the event.
Host: DaVita, Irvine, CA
When: Friday, April 8, 2016
Host: Dimensional Fund Advisors, Austin, TX
When: Friday, April 1, 2016
Application Deadlines: Round 1 – Feb. 14, Round 2 - Mar. 6
Learn more at http://www.Fortéfoundation.org/dreambig
Conference details and highlights:
- Audience: All first year and sophomore women from any major are encouraged to apply, there is a selection process that follows to identify highly motivated and strong achievers.
- April 8th: One-day event in which students will be introduced to the different career paths and job functions in business.
- Interactive: Business startup simulation workshop designed to give attendees real-world work experience.
- Networking: Representatives from top employers will be at the conference to share information about job listings and internships to help college women gain valuable work experience.
- Cost: The event is free and a travel stipend is available to help cover the costs of traveling to attend the event.