Stripes Group, a leading growth equity firm based out of downtown NYC, is hosting a 5-week long pitch-off competition for college students interested in pursuing a career in investing. If selected, students will work directly with a coach from Stripes Group’s investment team to learn the fundamentals of growth equity investing and how to deliver an effective pitch.
Teams from 9 US colleges will compete for the title of “Best Pitch.” The winning team will be treated to a dinner near their campus with an Analyst or Associate from Stripes Group’s investment team. Additionally, all eligible winners will have an opportunity to interview with our Talent Team.
- Week 1: Introduction to Growth Equity Webinar
- Week 2: Discuss Market Trends and Companies
- Week 3: “The Pitch” – Best Practices
- Week 4: Prepare for Pitch
- Week 5: Submit Final Pitch Video
Winning team will be announced once all videos have been received and reviewed by the Stripes team.
Expectations of participants:
- Complete required work on time and to a high quality. This should amount to < 3 hours of work/week
- Be responsive and efficiently communicate with Stripes Group coach
After completing the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between VC, Growth Equity, and PESource and identify potential investment opportunities
- Develop sector familiarity
- Create a professional deck
- Deliver an effective pitch for a company
- Form a team of 5 individuals and designate 1 person to be the Project Lead – this person will be responsible for working directly with the Stripes Group Coach to set up weekly meeting times
- Once team has been formed, send all of your resumes in 1e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Stripes Group Growth Equity Pitch-Off Competition – SCHOOL NAME” by 5pm ET on February 19th, 2016
- Teams will be informed if selected by February 26th, 2016