Asset Management Ventures Internship
Asset Management Ventures is offering a venture capital internship from Summer Quarter 2016 through Spring Quarter 2017 at its offices in Palo Alto, CA. The intern will learn about the venture capital industry and entrepreneurship by working as an Associate-level venture capitalist, working alongside the senior partners of the firm on the present business of the firm as it arises. This work is highly varied in nature and may include:
- Sourcing new investment opportunities both within the Stanford community and throughout the broader San Francisco bay area start-up community
- Reviewing executive summaries and slide decks from early-stage companies raising venture capital financing
- Meeting with and evaluating early-stage companies raising venture capital financing
- Attending events that are relevant to the firm’s areas of investment interest
- Performing market and competitive analysis of industries and individual companies
- Performing financial modeling and return analysis of venture capital investments
- Writing investment recommendation documents prior to an investment by the firm
- Assisting with the firm’s marketing collateral, including fundraising presentations and website content
- Monitoring industry developments impacting the firm’s portfolio companies
- Building term sheets outlining the terms of potential investments to be led by the firm
- Reviewing legal documentation associated with a venture capital investment
- Attending and participating in the weekly partnership meetings
As an integral member of a small firm, the successful candidate must be a skilled multitasker and willing to dive in to get things done with minimal supervision from the firm’s partners. Having said that, the partners are committed to the candidate’s development and will be available to meet, explain, instruct and provide direction.
Asset Management Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm based in Palo Alto, CA, focusing on investments in technology, life sciences, and digital health. Founded in 1965 by legendary venture capitalist Pitch Johnson, the firm is one of the oldest on the west coast. Further background is available at www.assetman.com.
Number of interns to be selected: 1
Internship duration: Summer Quarter 2016 through Spring Quarter 2017.
- Stanford undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors who will be continuing at Stanford through Spring 2017; Stanford first-year GSB students.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in start-ups, entrepreneurship, and finance. Background in these fields is helpful but not required.