Share stories with people right around you—or just eavesdrop.
Role: Campus Evangelist For Brand New Social App
Dolo (doloapp.com) is a location-based message board for socializing and discovering what’s happening around you. When you create a post in Dolo, anyone using the app nearby will see your post, and can react and contribute to it. With Dolo, you can enjoy the joys of simple, serendipitous conversation. Find out why there’s a hippo walking down the street, debate the protest happening outside, make a new friend, borrow a corkscrew–or just eavesdrop.
You want to help us drive early go-to-market experiments. Your primary focus will be ﬁnding creative ways to grow the user base and engagement on your campus. You’ll be working closely with the founding team to brainstorm, plan, and implement initiatives. The ideal candidate is a fun person that takes pride in their work and our mission, enjoys outreach, and can take bold initiative. We will empower you to do what you do best and will have some resources to help with your mission.
• Deﬁne and monitor a growth plan for Dolo on your campus.
• Proactively engage with campus events.
• Create fun marketing stunts.
• Lead outreach to student groups/houses/communities.
• Create and maintain fun and meaningful conversations in the app.
What you’ll get from us:
• A remarkably talented and supportive team to help you achieve your goals.
• A budget to help you execute your growth strategies.
• A notch on your belt of how you helped a brand new company grow exponentially.
Some things that might make you a great ﬁt:
• You are junior or senior who’s well connected with the wider campus (e,g., graduate schools, interest-based forums, social forums, etc.).
• You are pragmatic. You pick the most effective tool for a given job.
• You’re passionate about good conversation and the idea of technology enabling it.
• You can commit 4-8 hours per week to start. We’re happy to work out a schedule that works for the ideal candidate.
Who should apply:
• Dolo is used by people of all backgrounds and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent the people using it. We value unique contributions and welcome people of all backgrounds, experience, and perspectives.
About the Company
We are an early stage, high-performing, cool-under-pressure team backed by one of the most prominent Silicon Valley venture ﬁrms. We just soft launched Dolo in mid-October. We are based in San Francisco, California. The three founders’ experience is quite eclectic, including several years in senior roles at Apple launching Apple Watch and Apple Pay, an Emmy nomination, and a Reddit Submitter of the Year award.