The Lucasfilm Publicity department currently has an exciting opportunity in its San Francisco (CA) office for an undergraduate student or recent graduate to work as an intern this summer supporting the legendary Lucasfilm franchises. The intern would gain first-hand knowledge of what it takes to successfully communicate and promote upcoming movie releases and our overall public relations strategy – both externally and internally.
The Publicity team at Lucasfilm is responsible for promoting upcoming movie releases and company news both externally and internally. Made of up of a team of experienced publicists and communications professionals, we are responsible for developing the news coming out of Lucasfilm and our legendary franchises, as well as cultivating strong relations with the press, influencers and key partners. The position will start in March and last 12 weeks.
The Public Relations Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Organize PR files on past and present productions, both physical and digital
- Create and maintain a news clippings database – print, TV, online
- Maintain a master Press Contact Database
- Help coordinate press events, toolkits & talent-handling for upcoming conventions, such as Comic-Con, D23, Star Wars Celebration, etc.
- Become acquainted with Lucasfilm’s location and history to help with tours for outside guests and VIPs
- Assist with presentation prep on PowerPoint & Keynote
- Assist with the planning and execution of corporate events and internal communications (e.g. intranet, company messages)
- Organize and maintain storage/swag rooms
- Coordinate the acquisition of special gifts for VIPs and Make-A-Wish guests
- Respond to fan mail and assist with mailing packages
- Coordinate meeting scheduling—Reserve in-house theater and dining rooms, etc.
- Make copies and additional tasks when needed
- Strong Communication Skills: Comfortable and professional communicating via phone and email
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Apple Keynote and database management
- Inquisitive, anxious to learn and does not shy away from “grunt work”
- Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, pro-active attitude
- Ability to provide own housing and transportation in the San Francisco, CA area
- Prior PR internship experience
- Interest in film/entertainment industry
- Social media savvy
- Keeps up with entertainment news
Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media, Marketing or related degree or recently graduated within the past 6 months.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) to participate in the internship program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Ability to work part-time up to 20 hours a week
- Available to start in March 2018 and be available for 12 weeks
APPLY HERE: https://xjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&noback=0&partnerid=25348&siteid=5039&jobid=501714&AL=1#jobDetails=501714_5039