Oaktree is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with $101 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2016. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented and risk-controlled approach to investments in distressed debt, corporate debt (including high yield debt and senior loans), control investing, convertible securities, real estate and listed equities. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the firm has over 900 employees and offices in 18 cities worldwide.
As Oaktree’s Portfolio Analysis and Reporting team (“PAR”), a sub-department of Client Relations, continues to expand its suite of client and portfolio management reports, we are seeking an individual to help produce reports as well as engineer and implement operational production routines to ensure that high quality reports are delivered accurately, consistently and on time.
- Assist Portfolio & Client Reporting team within PAR with data needs, including performing research to support standard and ad hoc reporting outputs and analyses;
- Master system technology to learn to create data extracts for reporting purposes. Review financial data for various Oaktree portfolios and develop charts and tables for presentations and publications;
- Successfully deliver analyses and reports to clients, prospects, consultants and investment teams by understanding Oaktree’s complex, systematic investment process, markets invested in, financial instruments used and reporting processes;
- Evolve our reporting suite in response to, and in anticipation of, client and industry demands;
- Coordinate, to the extent needed, the production of reporting content needed from other Oaktree departments, including Legal, Compliance, Accounting, and Marketing;
- Work with stakeholders (Client Relations, PAR Strategy Specialists, Clients, Portfolio Managers) to clearly define and, as necessary, document report requirements;
- Work with Reporting Data Services and IT to enhance and evolve Oaktree’s existing core data environment to support automated reporting;
- Work with PAR Strategy Specialists as necessary to properly diagnose and fix production issues;
- Work with Accounting and Oaktree’s Performance team to establish processes and procedures to provide consistent, accurate, and approved data for final reporting outputs;
- 2+ years of experience at an Asset Management company, Investment Bank or other related financial services company.
- Familiarity with credit instruments (high yield bonds, senior loans and convertible securities) is preferred.
- A strong interest in investments and investment analytics; highly analytical and willing to learn about a large number of diversified investment strategies
- Knowledge of relevant reporting outputs and metrics including portfolio accounting, performance reporting, risk metrics and portfolio characteristics.
- Experience analyzing financial data and metrics with sufficient familiarity to recognize potential issues Experience analyzing financial data and metrics with sufficient familiarity to recognize potential issues.
- Experience managing and manipulating large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to operate independently on short and long term goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to leverage firm wide resources in an effective and judicious manner.
- Detail-oriented and a natural problem solver; have the resolve to independently research problems and offer solutions.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects with differing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism and share Oaktree’s common goal of excellence.
- Passion for improving systems and processes.
A Bachelor’s degree is required from a top university with a major in Math, Engineering, Economics, Business or another related field.
Marketing and Client Relations, Marketing Programs & Collateral