VMware Global Alliances Research Intern (5/17)
The Go To Market Center of Excellence (GTM CoE) provides VMware with best practices, standardized processes, research and leadership around identify, creating, executing and measuring go to market opportunities with our technology partner eco-system. The GTM CoE is the coordinating function across the Worldwide Partner Organization and our extended teams in the BU, Marketing, Research and Development and VMware sellers. Through this coordination of technology partner services & go to market activities VMware is able to align internally and with partners on investment in the joint technology solutions that will drive strategic impact for VMware & our customers.
This service focused team works with our Technology Partner Global Account Managers to ensure they are able to identify & maximize the opportunity with strategic technology partners & execute consistent and plan-fully go to market activities.
As a GTM CoE intern, you will have an opportunity to help design and support a new centralized service focused on technical solutions development & documentation. You will be working with senior technical VMware architects and partner marketing teams. In this opportunity you will learn to be accountable for helping develop the process for creating technical collateral such as solutions briefs, white papers, technical popwerpoint decks and media assets. You will be engaging with virtual teams spanning different groups within VMware and partner organizations providing you with an experience in handling partner relationship aspects in addition to building technical strengths in delivering complex solutions supporting a wide range of customer use cases.
• GTM CoE intern will be responsible for researching the current methosds of technical collateral creation, & helping design a process for how VMware technical architects engage and deliver technical collateral for jointly developed partner solutions
• The goal for this intern is to develop and assist with creating sample technical collateral and templates by researching & engaging with VMware marketing, BU product marketing teams on existing processes and templates.
• Additional focus will include understanding joint solutions development and documentation and how to deliver those assets through existing Vmware channels.
• Work with teams in a wide range of roles such as product management, technical and solutions marketing, business and technical aliliances and learn lifecycle of a jointly developed solution.
• Understand the market facts to position VMware joint solutions as a competitive solution
• Define and create project requirements, planning and metrics