New York Times Event Coordinator
The New York Times, a leading global, multimedia news and information company, is seeking a Collegiate Event Coordinator at your college/university. We are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals with a love for news, current events, and event planning experience to execute 2-3 events this Fall 2017 semester, on behalf of The New York Times.
The NYT “Get with the Times” Event series is designed to bring college students together to discuss vital issues facing the world today. These events will feature a topic-based discussion between a NYT journalist, and a celebrity or other prominent speaker, and college students. They will be broadcasted from a college campus and streamed through Facebook Live, giving students across the U.S. the opportunity to chime in and have their voices heard.
As a “Get with the Times Watch Party Host, you will be expected to:
- Research and secure a space on or off campus where you can host the event and project the Live Stream
- Promote your campus specific event through social media and word of mouth marketing (tabling, class presentations, email blasts, etc.)
- Report your progress to and communicate with The Campus Agency Account Managers
- Meet deadlines and respond to request by the Account Managers in a timely manner
- Host 2-3 engaging events
- Help spread the mission of The New York Times
We encourage you to apply if you are a regular reader of The New York Times, are outgoing, organized, are comfortable with event planning and talking and engaging with your peers. The ideal candidate will have connections to, or be members of on campus groups and organizations. Prior field marketing experience or brand ambassador experiences are a plus.
- Fall Semester 2017
- Experience to add to your resume
- Paid position
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Email your resume to Shannon@thecampusagency.com to apply